Libraries :  CEA Forums The fastest message board... ever.
This SIG provides a forum for librarians working in correctional facilities to exchange ideas and discuss current trends in correctional libraries. 
Book Review: A Day I’ll Never Forget
Date: January 13, 2018 03:20PM

Book Review: A Day I’ll Never Forget

The new book, A Day I’ll Never Forget by Dana L. Cunningham, provides a child’s perspective of incarceration from a minority point of view. In the book, Javon's world is turned upside down when his father suddenly goes to jail. He is devastated and has no idea what he will do without his father. Javon eventually discovers that although he is separated from his father, he can maintain his relationship with him.

This touching story is ideal for children ages 10 and younger and would benefit children, counselors, teachers, family members, and any adult who works with children who have been affected by the incarceration of a loved one. The narrative and accompanying discussion questions provide an opportunity for adults to help children process their feelings about incarceration.

A Day I’ll Never Forget is a great tool to understand a child’s real life experiences and paves the way for grade school children to apply the coping strategies suggested.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.