Post-Secondary Education :  CEA Forums The fastest message board... ever.
This SIG is for discussing partnerships between higher education and correctional facilities. Teachers, students, and researchers are all encouraged to join. This SIG also serves to promote collaborations between college/university student organizations and local jails/prisons. 
Vera Institute of Justice Pathways
Posted by: BJ Berquist ()
Date: August 21, 2012 12:15PM

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: "state-directors@googlegroups.com" <state-directors@googlegroups.com>; "cea-executive-board@googlegroups.com" <cea-executive-board@googlegroups.com>; "cea-standards-commission@googlegroups.com" <cea-standards-commission@googlegroups.com>
Cc: "Arthur.ethomas@morgan.edu" <Arthur.ethomas@morgan.edu>; Joseph Whittaker <Joseph.Whittaker@morgan.edu>; Fred Patrick <fpatrick@Vera.org>
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2012 8:54 PM
Subject: Vera Institue of Justice Pathways
Dear Friends,

Last week the Vera Institute announced an RFP for post secondary education and reentry programs. It is available in six states – Colorado, Michigan, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma and Washington State for at least $1 million per state. John Linton alerted me today and I called the Vera Institute Project Director Fred Patrick who encouraged me to disseminate the RFP as widely as possible. He would like CEA β€œto generate funder and stakeholder enthusiasm and interest in the Pathways Project and broader correctional education efforts.” This will be the first CEA effort to assist Vera with its goals.

So please find the RFP attached and the Media Advisory below. This is truly exciting because four foundations – Ford, Bill and Melinda Gates, the Sunshine Lady and the Open Society are funding this project through Vera. I am sure this will generate tons of interest everywhere.

Steve

Stephen J. Steurer, Ph.D.,
Executive Director
Correctional Education Association
8182 Lark Brown Road Suite 202
Elkridge, MD 21075
tel 443-459-3081
fax 443-459-3088
www.ceanational.org
"Transforming Lives"

Attachments: Vera Pathways RFP final 8.14.12.doc (99.5 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.