English Language Learners :  CEA Forums The fastest message board... ever.
This SIG serves educators working with populations for whom English is not their primary language. 
Elise Leonard speaking on “low-level readers” - FL State JJEEP conference 7-30-08 in Tampa
Posted by: Elise Leonard ()
Date: July 28, 2008 09:42AM

On Wednesday, 7-30-08, from 3pm through 4:30pm, I’ll be presenting my books and materials for low-level readers at the 2008 JJEI and Southern Conference on Corrections. July 29-31 • Marriott Tampa Waterside.

Apparently, my books are used quite successfully in the Florida State corrections system (for both juveniles and adults), and I was asked to present at this conference. My session’s title is “Easy to Read High-Interest Books and Materials for Low Level Readers.” (This title was chosen by the team of folks who called to ask me to present, and although the session title is quite self-explanatory, many people who are familiar with my books, materials and presentations say this title lacks the usual flair my self-chosen session titles usually offer.) :-)

For conference agenda, please go here: [www.criminologycenter.fsu.edu]

I hope to see (and meet) some CEA members at my presentation. Please stop by to say hi.

~Elise

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Elise Leonard speaking on “low-level readers” - FL State JJEEP conference 7-30-08 in Tampa
Posted by: murrayellison ()
Date: August 04, 2008 10:14AM

Thanks Elise
How did your presntation go?
Murray E.

Re: Elise Leonard speaking on “low-level readers” - FL State JJEEP conference 7-30-08 in Tampa
Posted by: Elise Leonard ()
Date: August 04, 2008 10:30AM

As always, I had a blast. Turns out, many of the attendees already use both my AL'S WORLD series (published by Simon & Schuster)AND my JUNKYARD DAN series (published by NOX PRESS) to teach their students how to read. They were totally thrilled to hear that the next two workbooks for the Junkyard Dan series will be out by the end of August! :-)

It was great hearing so many success stories! Not just with ELLs but with ALL of the emergent and struggling readers out there! :-)

Thanks for asking, Murray.

~Elise

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.