English Language Learners :  CEA Forums The fastest message board... ever.
This SIG serves educators working with populations for whom English is not their primary language. 
Article entitled Extended English Language Learners' Classroom Interactions Using the Response Protocol
Posted by: Elise Leonard ()
Date: November 12, 2008 01:09PM

This article was in the Reading Rockets newletter this month, and it will be quite helpful to the new ESL/ELL educator. (The old, experienced, tired and burned out educators will get a kick out of it, as I did, I'm sure!) :-) ;-)

I've attached it as a pdf (with permission from WETA's Reading Rockets staff), but if you want to see the entire article, please visit the Reading Rockets website. You can also find many more artcles about reading, ELLs, differentiated instruction, fluency, reading intervention, learning disabilities and more! [It's a great site!] [readingrockets.org]

If anyone comes across any pertinent info for ELLs, and would like to share it, please post it to this forum, or you can email me directly at elise.leonard@gmail.com or NoxPress@gmail.com and I will post it for you in your name.

Thanks for reading!

Elise Leonard
CEA ELL SIG Chair
elise.leonard@gmail.com
www.NoxPress.com

Attachments: ELLs and responses for them.pdf (991.3 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Article entitled Extended English Language Learners' Classroom Interactions Using the Response Protocol
Posted by: murrayellison ()
Date: January 07, 2009 11:34AM

Hi Elise
Happy New Year. I am so inspired by your postings and the activity on your Discussion Group.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.