English Language Learners :  CEA Forums The fastest message board... ever.
This SIG serves educators working with populations for whom English is not their primary language. 
Proyecto Visión
Posted by: BJ Berquist ()
Date: January 30, 2009 07:35PM

Proyecto Vision is Now on Facebook and YouTube!
Proyecto Vision is a bilingual project to connect Latinos with disabilities to employment opportunities.

We invite you to participate in Proyecto Visión! Introduce yourself, ask questions, give feedback, recommend resources, and more on our new Facebook page! There, we also have forums, polls, and continual updates about the new opportunities and resources we list on our website. Show your interest in our work by becoming a fan. It is also a great way to share Proyecto Vision with other people who could benefit from the resources we provide. Check it out at [www.facebook.com].

Our YouTube channel shows all of our Video Success Stories and our Public Service Announcement. While our videos will continue to be available on our own website, our new YouTube channel shows them all on one page and allows you to rate them, comment on them, and tell your friends about them. Watch it on [www.youtube.com].

Freelance Opportunities for Writers with Disabilities

Proyecto Vision is looking for reporters with first-person experience with disability in ethnically diverse communities. Read more...

New National Center for Parents with Disabilities

A new National Center for Parents with Disabilities and their Families has been established in Berkeley, California under the auspices of Through the Looking Glass, a non-profit organization founded in 1982. The Center will oversee several national research studies concerning parents with disabilities and their families, as well as provide consultations, trainings and publications to parents, family members and professionals. Read more...

Interview with Stephanie Ortoleva about Job Discrimination Against People with Disabilities

Stephanie Ortoleva is the Disability Coordinator of the Department of State and the Executive Director of the United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Disability Advisory Committee. She has worked in various government positions related to disability rights, and has also served as a Justice Department prosecutor in cases related to labor, transportation, and education, among other issues. On this occasion, however, I spoke with her not about her government work, but instead to learn from her experience as a lawyer. Ortoleva has extensive experience in lawsuits related to discrimination and civil rights policy. Read more...

Letter from San Juan, Puerto Rico

As I sit to write this article, it’s been almost four months since I moved back to Puerto Rico after living in New York City for the last 12 years. Before making the move, many friends, both in the states and in Puerto Rico, had cautioned me to carefully ponder my decision of coming back to live on the island. The warnings were always the same: the employment situation in Puerto Rico is precarious; salaries are low and expenses are high... Read more...

Read more at [www.proyectovision.net]

Thanks to Arthur Plitt for bringing this newsletter to our attention.
Forwarded by BJ Berquist
bjb@tappedin.org

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.