English Language Learners :  CEA Forums The fastest message board... ever.
This SIG serves educators working with populations for whom English is not their primary language. 
Seeking Job-finding advice
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 05, 2009 04:50AM

Hello,

I am wondering how to find Adult ESL/Adult Literacy work within the correctional system. I am having trouble finding a place that lists this kind of work. I am particularly interested in working in New Mexico or Colorado but am open to other locations.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your advice.

Colleen Shaughnessy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seeking Job-finding advice
Posted by: Elise Leonard ()
Date: June 11, 2009 08:29AM

Hi Colleen,

I don't know if this will help, but I know the Executive Director of the adult literacy coalition which encompasses the entire state of New Mexico. Many of their programs work with correctional facilities, so perhaps she can help you. Their state-wide conference is next week, so she's most likely running around like a chicken with her head cut off this week, but if you contact me at the email address listed below, I can give you her contact information.

I own a publishing house that caters specifically to adult and adolescent struggling, emergent and ESL readers, and have many correctional facilities as customers, so maybe I can also suggest a place or two where you can apply. (Luckily for us, the most amazing, friendly, dedicated correctional educators seem to be in our customer base!)

Elise Leonard
President, Nox Press
Executive Director, Literacy Essentials, Inc.
Chairman, ELL SIG of the CEA
www.NoxPress.com
NoxPress@gmail.com

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.